Disclaimer: Our company is not affiliated with "All Star Driving" of Wisconsin. Our company name in other states is All Star Driver Education, but our name in Wisconsin is A Star.
How do I get my drivers license?
First, you'll need your instruction permit. (You probably knew that already.) Here's how to get your instruction permit if you're under 18:
- Be at least 15 years and 6 months old
- Be enrolled in high school (or an equivalence program), or have graduated, or be enrolled in a home-school program
- Be enrolled in a certified drivers ed course (like ours!)
- DMV-licensed Driver Training School
- Have an adult sponsor to sign your application
Everybody, regardless of age, has to meet the following requirements:
- Provide proof of citizenship, legal status, etc.
- Show proof of name and date of birth
- Give proof of identity
- Demonstrate proof of Wisconsin residency
- Provide your Social Security number (your Social Security card will satisfy this requirement and the proof of identity requirement)
- Pass the DMV tests: a vision test, and the test on signs and rules
- Pay the fees
- Complete the Wisconsin Driver License form
Do all that (it's really not so bad) and you'll get your permit! While you have your permit, you'll have the following restrictions:
- Zero alcohol in your system, ever, regardless of your age
- You must always wear your seat belt
If you're under 18, you'll need to hold your permit for at least six months before you can get your probationary license. You can apply for a probationary license if you drive six months without receiving a ticket.
Every time you drive, you must always be accompanied by a person who has at least two years of licensed experience and a current valid regular license. That person must be in the passenger seat next to the driver with an instruction permit.
That person must be one of the following:
- A qualified instructor who is over 19
- A parent, guardian, or spouse, and over 19
- Someone who is 21 or older (in this case, if the permit holder is under 18, the person must have written permission to accompany the permit holder)
Once you're 16, you can add a second passenger, besides the accompanying person, but this passenger must be more than 25, must have at least two years of driving experience, and must sit somewhere other than the front seat.
If driving at night, you must be accompanied by a licensed instructor or a licensed person over 25 and with at least two years of experience. If you have a permit and are under 18, you must gain at least 30 hours of driving experience, with at least 10 hours coming at night. This should be documented on a driving log.
Your permit is valid for a year before it expires. You can renew it if you're not yet eligible for your probationary license. Once you have your probationary license, it's valid for two years following your next birthday.
After all that, you'll be eligible for a regular Wisconsin drivers license! You'll need to:
- Be at least 19
- Have had a probationary license until it has been renewed (usually two or three years)
- Continue to wear your seat belt and display absolute sobriety (zero alcohol in your system)
If you're over 18, you have to hold your permit for at least seven days before you can get your probationary license
Who needs to take Wisconsin drivers education?
Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to earn and instruction permit must first take a certified driver education course.
Does your website work on all devices?
Unfortunately, our course is not compatible with smartphones/tablets. To get the best experience with our course, we recommend using a computer or laptop with google chrome. Some features may not be available on all devices.
The online classroom session is a minimum of 30 hours with a maximum of two hours per day over a minimum of 21 days. Students have a maximum of 180 days to complete the online classroom course. You can go at your own pace, though, and make sure you're really mastering the material.
Please note that you will only be able to take the course for 2 hours in a 24 hour period. After your 2 hours are up, you will have to wait 24 hours to be able to log in again.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
You can print off an unofficial certificate if you wish, but it just for your own records, not state accepted. We'll report your course completion to the state for you.
Will I need to take in-car driving lessons after this course?
Yes, you'll need to complete a minimum of six hours of in-car driving lessons. You can pick any driving school you wish.
What is your refund policy?
A Star Driver Education will not refund any tuition or part of tuition if the school is ready, willing and able to fulfill its part of the agreement. No refund will be issued once the course has been started.